Sunday, April 22, 2007

4-22-07

So, I finally got started working on a Library Thing account. I'm hoping to tie it in here and to start making some fairly regular postings.

A pretty good week for me. Just finished some very old school Batman comics (circa 1940) thanks to the Batman Chronicles Vol. 2 and finally finished rereading Grant Morrison's X-Men run, which I was very gratified to find was as good as I remembered it being. It's just a shame that none of the editors at Marvel could follow what he was doing.

As for the new stuff, I've finally picked up the 131/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, which so far feels like Baron Munchausen in Wonderland. Which brings me to Alice in Sunderland, which I think is the book that Brian Talbot is going to be remembered for (although I though that about Heart of Empire too). Then for this week's Silver age fun, it's the Essential Marvel Team-Up vol. 2.

No comments: