Monday, April 30, 2007

Audiobooks

I have discovered that apparently I actually enjoy listening to audiobooks. I'm currently going through the Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga. I'm enjoying it quite a lot, although it's a bit hard to listen to at times when it hits awfully close to my own experiences in high school (I can hardly mask my own fanboyness). The story resorts a bit too much to namedropping and fanservice at times, but then that is in keeping with the characters so I'm inclined to forgive it a bit.

I also had the chance to listen to the Golden Man by Philip K. Dick, the short story which the new movie Next claims to be based upon. I might have actually gone to the movie if Nicholas Cage was playing a mute intelligence-less paragon of male beauty, just for the laugh....shame really.

No comments: